Hello! I’m Tomi Chen, a teenager living in the Bay Area with a passion for science, writing, and all things tech. This website is a collection of some things I’ve made or worked on, from small weekend projects to more complex creations.
Feel free to poke around the site and let me know what you think!
- This website is statically generated with Eleventy, using Nunjucks templates and Markdown with markdown-it.
- Styling is built with Tailwind CSS, with their typography and form plugins.
- The markdown-it-container, markdown-it-emoji, markdown-it-anchor, and a modified version of markdown-it-toc-done-right are used for
idlinking, emoji support, automatic heading anchoring, and table of contents generation.
- Responsive images are automatically generated with a custom markdown-it plugin and 11ty Image.
- Syntax highlighting within code blocks is done with highlight.js using the Atom One Dark theme.
- The site is automatically deployed to Netlify from GitHub. The contact form is collected with Netlify Forms.
- Icons used are from heroicons, which are licensed under the MIT License.
- Emojis are from twemoji, which are licensed under CC-BY 4.0.
- Open Sans, licensed under the 2.0 version of the Apache License, is used for body text. Comfortaa, licensed under version 1.1 of the SIL Open Font License, is used for larger, display text.